Cortana and More Now Available on Xbox One
The big update for Xbox One that was announced at E3 is now live. This is the update that includes Cortana, background music, and many more features. Check the list below to see exactly which features have rolled out along with the update.
- Cortana: This is the big one. Microsoft's superior voice assistant has come to Xbox One and Windows 10, and it works great. Cortana allows users to utilize more voice commands than ever before, and she even talks back to you. If you prefer the old voice assistant, you can change it back in the settings menus, however, only Cortana can take advantage of the headset microphone.
- Language Region Independence: Now users can change their region language independently, regardless of where they live. For example, you can live in the U.S. have your language set to French.
- Background Music: The most requested feature has arrived. Now you can play music using apps like Groove and Pandora while playing games. Double tapping the home button allows quick access to control menus for the music player, so it'll be easy to change tracks or adjust volume. Unfortunately, Spotify is still exclusive to PS4.
- UI/Store Overhaul: The Games and Apps tab has now been redesigned to look better and be easier to navigate. It is also a little more customizable, which is always a good thing. The store has been completely overhauled and is now far easier to work around. The store is now more in-line with the Windows 10 store, so players can now refer to user written reviews for games and apps.
- Facebook Integration: Lastly, you can link your Facebook account to your Xbox Live account. I guess this is a good thing, if you wanna share with the world what a nerd you are...
The update is now live and should be available to all Xbox One users!