Nintendo Switch Update Adds New 'Find My Controller' Option and More
Nintendo has released a 3.0 update for the Switch operating system, and there are some pretty neat new features inside.
- Now users can register to channels for specific games to receive news pertaining to that particular game
- 3DS and Wii U friends can now be added to your Switch friends list
- You'll now be notified when friends go online (like the PS3)
- New character icons have been added from Splatoon 2
- The system's volume can now be adjusted from the quick menu.
More smaller changes have been added as well, including the option to find a lost Joy-Con. Basically under the controller pairing menu, users can select find Joy-Con and select either the left or right one. If the Joy-Con is within range, the controller will rumble loudly, sounding like a horn.
It's a nice feature, as Joy-Cons are tiny and will probably be lost often by children (and myself).
Good to see that HD rumble going to work.