Mario Kart 8 Has a New Update
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got an update yesterday that fixes a lot of the game's bugs and online issues, but that's not all.
The update features new things like, added items for players doing poorly in a race. Now you'll get more items if you're sucking. This is particularly for the online players that can't seem to catch a break, because this game can be damn hard online.
Among the online fixes are the addition of Mii racing suits for Pikmin Amiibo, fewer communication errors for spectators and more, which I just copied and pasted from Kotaku.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a video game and it's available now for Nintendo Switch. There, how'd I do?